Welcome to part 4 of healthy, cost-conscious, portable recipe series. Here’s another delicious, healthy snack to munch on – also great for post-workout snacking! If you are allergic to peanuts, try another type of nut butter such as cashew, almond, etc!
PB Granola Oat Bar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4cup pumpkin seeds (or other toppings you enjoy, I sometimes also top with dark chocolate)
- 1/4 cup raisins
1. Set the oven to 325F.
2. Lightly oil an 8×8 pan with oil (pick your type), making sure you get all of the sides too.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, add honey, coconut oil and peanut butter. Microwave for 30-50 seconds, stir until mixture gets runny and peanut butter completely melted in. Mix in vanilla extract to the wet ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients including the oats, cinnamon and raisins.
5. Pour the wet mixture in with the dry, and mix together.
6. Pour mixture into prepared pan and press down with a spatula or other apparatus you see fit, and bake in the oven for 20 -25 minutes until lightly brown.
7. The finished result should look like this! Once you take the bars out of the oven, press down again and let it cool.
8. Cut the oat bars into 16 slices and enjoy! Each bar is approximately 150 calories.